TpT Store

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Pumpkins, Pumpkins Everywhere!

Our first art project is complete!  The students had a really good time creating their Funny Face Pumpkins this week.  Since my artistic abilities score at about a zero, I rely on others to help me provide projects for my students to enjoy. Thanks to Deep Space Sparkle for providing this project on TpT!


I like to make sure the students know what to do step-by-step during any kind of art project, so I do it with them!


First, we colored the pumpkin, then the students painted over it.


As you can see, some students were very meticulous with their painting. I think I might have some artists on my hands!


After everyone was finished painting, and we allowed time for the pumpkins to dry, we cut them out.  This was a great informal assessment of fine motor skills as well!


And of course, we had to make our faces look FUNNY, so we used black, white, and green construction paper to do that!  Finn did an excellent job making his pumpkin funny!


  And the final product!  The students were able to be as creative as they wanted to be. Big eyes, sharp teeth, funky hair, and even a ninja pumpkin were created. The children had so much fun making these and I think they did a really nice job!  To integrate ELA into the project, we finished by completing a sequence activity; ordering the steps of how to carve a jack-o-lantern.



2 comments:

  1. Good job Ms.Cutrell! We all miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Zoe! I miss you too, so much! Visit anytime!

    ReplyDelete