TpT Store

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Spring Break Shenanigans

Spring Break... two magical words that any educator loves to hear!  This year I spent an entire week in Florida among friends and my beautiful goddaughter.  My "bestie" teaches in Plant City, Florida and a few of the afternoons (her spring break came before mine) we got to spend some quality time together on the beach, at her home, and of course at a Yankees spring training game... Oh yeah - they WON!  :)  The rest of the week I spent time exploring sunny Tampa and just enjoying time off from work.  I'll let the pictures that follow tell the rest of the story!  


I was so excited to be with Kelli and her daughter, Torah (my goddaughter) at Steinbrenner Field for Torah's first Yankees game. Kelli is also a TpT author - check her store out; Elementary Ever After and you can find her on Instagram and Facebook as well!  She has amazing products for primary grades!




Just a sunny day in the gulf with little miss priss!


I am an animal lover so the trip would not be complete without visiting the Florida Aquarium in Tampa. There, I found Nemo and a few other amazing animals!  :)



I caught these pair of otters playing in their habitat. They were so kind to stop and pose for me as I reached for my camera!


Oh the love I have for giraffes. They are such majestic and peaceful animals. At Busch Gardens in Tampa, you can go on an African safari to see some of the most amazing animals up close - and with your ticket to the safari, you get to feed giraffes! This was my third time on the safari.... I might be just a little obsessed!


And of course at Lowry Park Zoo, you can feed them as well!


Spring break is always a great time to rejuvenate for the end of the school year.  I can honestly say I did just that!  I hope each of you were able to enjoy yourselves on your spring break and I wish the best of luck to you and your students as you prepare for those dreaded end of year assessments.  I'd love to know what you did on your spring break.  Leave a comment to share what you did - whether you traveled or just stayed home, it was a break well-deserved!  



No comments:

Post a Comment