TpT Store

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Summer and Sunshine


What teacher doesn't like both?  Summer. Sunshine. A small break from the hustle and bustle of educating the minds of our future!  I know I certainly enjoy summers off.  Travel, ballgames, beach days, time with family and friends.... it doesn't get much better than that!  But most importantly, the summer helps rejuvenate and ready myself for a brand new school year that seems to come quicker as each year passes!  :-) 

Summer is at a half way point, and usually I like to share and read about how other teachers spend their summers.  So, in "Summer Part 1" I'm sharing what I've been involved with so far.  Feel free to leave comments as to what you have been up to!


I've had the privilege of teaching with this beauty for 13 years.  This was her final year in Elementary School - after 30 years of service, she retired. Mid-June we celebrated by taking her to dinner at a local restaurant of her choosing. She promises to return to volunteer and I am certainly holding her to that.... (because she is my aunt and I know where she lives) hehe!



It would not be a summer without a trip to the ballpark. Brittney and I (who is also a teacher at my school) traveled by train from NC to Baltimore to watch my Yankees play at Camden Yards against the Orioles. It was out first train ride AND Brit's first MLB game.... take note, however, she chose not to wear an NY tee!  Grrrrr! She thought it would  be fun to cheer against the Yankees..... I still love her anyway!  

While were were there, we happened to run into a family I am close to and have known for years who had also traveled from NC to see the game!  And a Yankees family at that!  :)  Such a small world - you never know who you're gonna run into!


Teachers take on LUKE BRYAN! This was kind of like an end of the year celebration on the lawn of Virginia Beach.  We had our cowgirl boots on and were ready to dance and sing and watch Luke perform.  Have you seen him perform? MERRRRCY...... I highly recommend it!  :-)

And then insert random stranger guy...... Talk about a photobomb!


And of course one of the best things about summertime is being able to spend some extra time with all the babies I absolutely adore.... And hopefully making a quick trip to see my precious Godbaby in Florida!





Oh, summertime how I love you!  I'm excited to see what the second half of the summer will bring. I am always looking for memories to make! 


No comments:

Post a Comment