TpT Store

Thursday, July 28, 2016

WANTED: Book Suggestions for 4th

Ok, so I am new to 4th grade this year after teaching 2nd for 13 years. I have a decent amount of books for my classroom library, but in my opinion, you can NEVER have enough books! So this blog post is for all you intermediate teachers out there.  I need to know what books you have in YOUR libraries!  What are the "must-haves" for my fourth graders? What are some of the books the kids LOVE to read?  All suggestions are welcomed; chapter books, leveled readers, guided reading sets, read alouds, and/picture books... You can leave a comment here on the blog or you can email me at teachertalking2u@yahoo.com.

Thank you so much in advance. This will help me greatly!  :-)

10 comments:

  1. Wonder, Harry Potter, Gary Palsun books, Tails of the 4th grade nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder, Harry Potter, Gary Palsun books, Tails of the 4th grade nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We read aloud Wonder, Fish in a Tree, Pax,and my shelves are filled with the new Babysitters club graphic novel editions, Sisters, El Deafo, any graphic novels, Boys Start the War series and old classics like Sing Down the Moon, Sign of the Beaver, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love read aloud so I am glad you included those! Thanks!!

      Delete
  4. My 4th graders love reading Goosebumps books. They are tattered and torn since they are from when I was a kid but they sure do love them! They also like the Diary of a Whimpy Kid and Dork Diaries books. In my class we also use the 4th grade scholastic readers. This is a great resource to help teach nonfiction reading skills/strategies. Tons of things you can do with them plus they come with lessons and online resources. Pricey but totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! This is great information and I will look into purchasing some Goosebumps books! Thanks!!

      Delete
  5. The Lemonade War, the Clementine Books by Sara Pennypacker, Calvin Coconut books. Tuesdays at the Castle and sequels, Crenshaw...

    ReplyDelete