TpT Store

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Anchor Charts!

I love anchor charts!!!   I mean I LOVE anchor charts like I LOVE my chocolate... ok, well maybe not THAT much, but I absolutely love to teach with them.  In case you haven't heard, they are a great way to introduce a skill and then they become a resource for the students to use whenever they need to.  My 4th graders and I usually make them together.  We use colored pencils, markers, crayons and whatever we need to use to highlight the important information that they need to know.

Normally, I use Google images or Pinterest to find the ones I think my students will benefit from and sometimes I make my own.  Below are just a few pictures of what is currently posted in my classroom.  These are mostly ELA, but I do have other subjects as well.

A lot of times it is easier for the students to remember their skills if there is a visual image they can refer to; hence the raincloud and rainbow!

We use Venn diagrams to compare and contrast different things.

Funny Fact: I tell my students ALL the time that I am no artist!  I asked one of my classroom artists to draw this magnifying glass for me!


Fact: Ms. Cutrell likes baseball.  Opinion: The Yankees are the best team ever! :)


Have you heard of Geronimo Stilton and his adventures? This is an AWESOME book series to use when teaching about graphic sources!


Sequencing discussions during ELA lessons in the classroom always lead to sequencing in Math as well!

So, there you have it. A glimpse into my classroom by way of Anchor Charts.  Perhaps I'll post my Math charts next... But until then, I'm calling on the teaching community!  What kind of anchor charts do you use in your classroom? 

2 comments:

  1. I love anchor charts, too! Your chart's are so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for your contribution! :-)

      Delete